Visualisation for Sketchup
This 1-day course for intermediate users is targeted towards architects and designers that want to delve deeper into Sketchup's imaging capabilities. We look at the more complex operations in Sketchup and introduce a number of techniques that utilise Sketchup's style palette to enhance the "Sketchy" rendering possibilities from its standard output. We look at fly-through animations, using the base program and alternative methods that produce better results, as well as photomontages (compositing) and the use of an inexpensive but very popular 3rd party rendering plugin that is easy to use while still producing excellent results. All classes use the professional version, Sketchup Pro, and this course uses secondary image editing and video editing software.
These items are covered in the course:
- Basic image generation, and resolution variation
- Dissection of the styles palette, line settings, watermarks and image options
- Use of image editing software to create different effects
- Composition and framing tips to enhance your imaging
- Setup and generation of sketchy fly-through animations
- Photomatching tool operation
- Preparation for photomatching, site considerations and photo taking tips
- Advanced texturing
- Preparation of textures, use of image files in rendering and alpha channel
- Finding graphic resources online and creation of your own materials and components
- Photorealistic rendering using Twilight Render and Sketchup
- Photorealistic texture attributes and settings
- Use of daylight and artificial lighting
- Explanation and use of environment maps
- Photorealistic fly-through animations
All computers, equipment and lunch is provided. A printed reference guide, a USB drive with graphics and ready-to-render model files included as a starter resource to help you generate your own images and renders, and 12 months Skype/email/phone/video support/Sketchup Training School access** is included with this course.
Cost: AUD$770 (NZD$770)
Click here for any enquiries OR register for the course by clicking on your city in the Classes in Your City section below.
# Offer valid for a single user licence. Offer expires 31/12/2018.